Universal precautions for employees who are exposed to blood or other infectious materials
- BE AWARE: Treat all blood and body fluids as if they were infected with…
- KNOW Color codings..
- READ All signs and labels carefully
- ALWAYS Wash Hands
- FOLLOW Safe Hygiene and Work Practices
- DISPOSE Of personal protective equipment and contaminated laundry properly in designated areas or containers.
- READ All of your organization’s exposure control plan
- KNOW Procedures, practices, vaccination requirements and appropriate reporting for incidents of exposure.
- USE Personal protective equipment appropriate for your work.
- NEVER Recap, bend or break needles
- ALWAYS Dispose of needles in appropriate containers.
- CLEAN Worksite and decontaminate equipment. Follow all safe handling requirements.
- REMEMBER To consider all body fluids as potentially infectious.