Aerial & Scissor Lift Safety Tips!
- Perform a Prestart Inspection prior to use.
- Only stand on the platform floor. Never stand or sit on the railing.
- Ensure that a fire extinguisher is mounted in the basket when performing activities that present a fire hazard such as welding or grinding.
- Do NOT operate a lift unless you have received proper training.
- Do NOT drive with the lift platform elevated (unless specifically designed for such operation).
- Fall protection is required for all employees working on a lift 10 ft. above a lower level.
- Do NOT modify a lift without written permission of the manufacturer.
- Always close lift platform chains or doors.
- Keep the lift controls clean and legible.
- Use the proper tool and wear the proper protective gear.
- Do NOT exceed manufacturer’s load capacity limits.
- Use work zone warnings like cones and signs if working near traffic.
- Set the brakes, wheel chocks and outriggers when on an incline.
- Maintain and operate elevating work platforms in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.